How much weight did your project add?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay415

Reaction score
Just curious about how much weight people have added to their boat due to their project.

Here's Mine
Boat: Alumacraft MV1648
Capacity: 1010lbs
Project weight total: about 400lbs (including motor)

Good topic.

I know I'm concerned with weight.
By re-doing the transom area, I know I'm adding weight. Something I feel i need to do to strengthen the transom area, and shrink the splash well area/add a rear casting deck area.

The front of the boat is getting extra weight too vs what the boat originally had. The livewell, framing for the extra storage hatches, and rod lockers.

I was mostly ignoring it, but after fabbing a wooden trolling motor recessed tray I starting thinking about it.
This trolling motor recessed tray must weight 15-20lbs or more. The way to go on these is to buy one of the pre-molded ones. No doubt about it.

I would guess I'm adding 250-300lbs of weight to the boat, NOT including the motor.
I did remove some though. Splash well, BOTH steering consoles, side panels, rear splashwell trim panel, and a few other things

with all the wood,aluminum,2 deep cycle batts probably a little over 400 lbs. was added.its close to its 800 lb. limit( which i think is very conservative),but rides good,planes and is very stable.rode thru some decent size chop and wasn't concerned at all. its a 2010 14.5 g3 v hull with a 2011 yami 15 2 stroke.