Finished T-Top Installation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Landry

Reaction score
2006 G3 1850 CC DLX

VHFMount.jpg

top2.jpg

Top1.jpg

sideview.jpg

siderear.jpg

side.jpg

Rearview.jpg

Ttop-1.jpg

Fantastic =D>

Can you give a ballpark price?

Is there still enough head clearance and casting room for the guy on the back raised deck? Kinda looks like it might be a little low in the back area. Nice looking top is that a stryker?

It's a fishmaster. I ordered it on line from them. I looked at the Stryker and I couldn't see a lot of difference in quality between the two. The fixed Stryker top was $100 cheaper, but their folding version was $300 more than Fishmaster. I thought the folding feature might be nice to have so I went with FM. Another thing that swayed me was the appearance of the FM. The Stryker has a more sweeping, almost European design, which would look great on a larger fiberglass bay boat, but for a CC jon boat, I just thought the FM looked a little more "in place" and functional.

The height is 80" above the floor. It gives me room to stand and of course there's plenty of height if you're sitting in the fishing chair. I installed it a little forward for a couple of reasons. I didn't need to have the motor covered and I can stand all the way back on the rear deck and be out from under the top. It also provides a little bit of shade for the person riding i the seat in front of the console. In our Texas summers, every little bit helps.

My only complaint and there isn't a work-around, is that to run wiring through the tubing, you have to come out at the joints and back in on the other side. There's just not a neat way to do that besides drilling clean holes and using rubber grommets for wire protection. That would be a little easier to pull of on a non-folding top. Unless you are going to use it strictly daytime, a nav light is going to be required since the white 360 degree light has to be above the highest thing on the boat

I think it was an excellant value for the money. All of the other tops, including the kit tops from Taco, started at around $2000 with the custom tops going through the roof. I don't see you going wrong with either the Fishmaster or the Stryker.

Thanks for the photos and posts Bob. It looks GREAT ! Time to save my pennies after buying my 1966. I'll be going with the same top.

Latest posts