steering cables

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouran01

Reaction score
getting ready to order new rotary steering system, looking for imput. I'm going to be routing all the cables from the right side and down between the ribs up into the center console. It's tight fitting and just wanderin if anyone has and good or bad experience with a good and really FLEXIBLE cable manufacturer.? Thanks again

Even though it isn't "pretty"...lots of cables/wires are routed on the deck....or through the sides...and come out in the open.

My Carolina Skiff in Wisc. has its cables run through a fiberglass .... _/-\_........
.upside down ...U...shaped piece. All of the cables and electrical wires come forward via this "conduit" above deck! Near the console, they exit the ...U...shaped piece and rise under the conduit. I have to step over the cables to exit on the starboard side. Not pretty, but functional and I got used to it.

My tinny --16 Lowe 160W-- has all of the cables entering the sidewall about two feet forward of the engine, and exiting about 6 inches behind the center console.

Before you bend your newly purchased cables..I suggest you look at a lot of cable installations on other boats first. It will help your planning. regards, R

My lowe is quite the same, side console it works and Ill stick to the side console if I can't find a cable that will flex enough. I spend way to much time out at night and by myself to mess with the tripping risk, haha.

I just checked the teleflex installation instructions for my setup and they require a minimum horizontal
clearance of 12" for a side console. This insures a minimum acceptable bend radius of 8".
If you have that much room, you should be good to go.
I had a lot of room here and mounted it vertical, but it could have been mounted on it's side for a side console.
If you would like more info, PM me and I will scan the instructions for you. Jerry :)
DSC00332.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

Latest posts