Ordering carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhockins

Reaction score
I need to order new carpet for my Tracker V17. Any recommendations on where to get it? Or what level of quality to use?

I purchased my carpet from cabelas and I'm happy with it. I really don't know any different though. And I haven't had the boat out yet. Still a working project.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Deluxe-Boat-Carpet/701848.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D019473%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=019473&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

My local Lowes actually has several outdoor carpets that are on a 6ft roll. Price ranges from about 51cents to 90cents per square foot, so very reasonable priced. The cheapest stuff is a tight loop carpet, which I would avoid if you plan on fishing from the boat, as hooks will be a nightmare to get out of it. With that said, I found a great soft charcoal color there for about 75 cents per square foot that is not a loop which I will be purchasing shortly.

Good Luck!

I bought mine from my local lowes and it wasnt that expensive. I got the plush one not the loop carpet

Be careful on the type of carpet just because of the hooks which can obviously be VERY frustrating. I know my lowes has carpet but its outdoor carpet and not "marine" carpet so it may save you a pretty penny. I'm not sure what the difference, if any, is but make sure you use a good spray adhesive like 3m's. Its a little more pricey but you won't regret it.

mine is the marine carpet. It has the rubber backing and i used henry carpet adhesive and have had no problems with it so far after a year

vahunter said:
Be careful on the type of carpet just because of the hooks which can obviously be VERY frustrating. I know my lowes has carpet but its outdoor carpet and not "marine" carpet so it may save you a pretty penny. I'm not sure what the difference, if any, is but make sure you use a good spray adhesive like 3m's. Its a little more pricey but you won't regret it.

Do you remember which 3M product you used? They have several.

I did a carpet glue test and posted the results here:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22430
This also shows the carpet I used

Latest posts