'02 1756 CC DLX w/ 4 stroke 50hp need repairs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbany

Reaction score
I'm new to site here. I have a '02 G3 1756 CC boat that is need of some repairs. I would appreciate any DIY suggestions, encouragement, or good deals.

Repairs I'm would like to work on now::
Wiring repair - I've had squirrels destroy some of the wiring and make nests out of foam.
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

CC seats upholstery - Weather has taken its toll on my CC seat and seat back.
photo.jpg

I need to Repair or buy New control cables - My 704 Yamaha Remote control cables between the 50hp F50TLRZ engine are very hard to move. I'm not sure what size cables I would need to replace with, or if they make after market option?

I need to invest in a good boat cover that will withstand UV and rain in central FL.

I've removed all the rivets and pulled up the flooring and finally cleaned up all the nesting, foam, leaves, etc. Now I'm looking to repair boat.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, I had basically the same boat but an 09 and so does Reed here on the site. Check Great Lakes Skipper, seems to carry a lot of G3 parts.
greatlakesskipper.com - I recently sold mine and bought and 09 G3 1966CC which I just got and not even got it wet yet. I'm in Tallahassee.
For the cover, I used a Harbor Freight Heavy Duty Silver Tarp and a couple of saw horses - plastic. I think the tarp was about $35 or so and worked great.