Saw this crusing over on crappie.com

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
Nice boat. I wouldnt mind fishing from this!

100e0009.jpg

the guy says he fishes small private lakes/ponds so its all he needs. Pretty cool looking but would want to try one out several times before I laid the $$ down on one. Should be able to get in some backwater areas pretty easy tho.

It looks very sturdy to me and more low profile than a standard pontoon boat. It would be great for the ponds i fish. Wonder how much it cost?

Looks like the boat Nussy was building.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18210

i went to the site,they are not unreasonable, I think the site is pondtoondotcom, but not sure.

Part of the attraction of owning/using a smaller boat for such places (ponds, small lakes, creeks, etc) is having it light enough and small enough to get it into the back of a pickup truck. The pondtoon can't do that...or it doesn't appear to be small enough to fit. Not to mention you'd still have to trailer it to the "hole", launch it, load it, etc. Might as well just have a regular flat bottom boat, which can be resold for quite a bit more if it needed to be sold for whatever reason.

turbotodd said:
Part of the attraction of owning/using a smaller boat for such places (ponds, small lakes, creeks, etc) is having it light enough and small enough to get it into the back of a pickup truck. The pondtoon can't do that...or it doesn't appear to be small enough to fit. Not to mention you'd still have to trailer it to the "hole", launch it, load it, etc. Might as well just have a regular flat bottom boat, which can be resold for quite a bit more if it needed to be sold for whatever reason.

I'd bet that the Pondtoon would be much more stable than the equivalent size flat bottom. I'd also think that it would be faster than the flat bottom

The days of throwing a boat in the back of a truck are pretty well past. It does still happen, but you are seeing more and more small boats, down to 1236s and whatnot, with casting decks, and bow mount trolling motors and whatnot, which makes them a much more functional fishing machine, but limits them to a trailer. Since everyone is pretty well going in that direction, the trick is to find something that will fit the same parameters (small water, but trailerable), and improve upon it. In that case, the additional stability without additional size could be a big deal.

The hull speed on that boat is going to be much higher than any flat bottom jon boat, as the hulls there are very long, and very narrow. This means that while the jon boats pretty well start pushing water (and as a result, become increasingly hard to gain additional speed), around 5 mph, that boat will continue running at full displacement speed for a ways further. This means nothing to gas engine guys, but given how impractical it is to plane a hull with electric motors, this could be important to electric only guys.

It's a neat boat, but kinda a small market. It needs a trailer, cannot be used in rough water, and looks like it would get blown all over the place. If you lived on a large pond or small lake where you could keep it docked, it would be practical--but that's about it.

Latest posts