14 ft Gregor ---- new to me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low_blow

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm new to the board and I have been looking at some of the rebuilds that just look amazing!

My boat came with some carpet and the previous owner added an extra layer of wood to the bench seats. It also came with a Mercury outboard motor. I have since ripped out all of the old wood and sold the motor. The lake i am gonna be running it on is electric only. I sealed up the holes with some silicone and a piece of scrap aluminum. I also took out over 50 misc screws and bolts, which i replaced with new stainless screws and covered in silicone.

I have since purchased a deck mount and a fish finder for the deck mount. I also installed an older electric motor to the rear so we can troll for trout when not bass fishing.

My question to your guys is how do I measure and cut the new wood to fit perfectly into the bow as well as along the sides of the skiff. We tried with some cheap vinyl but it was too flimsy and made the cuts very uneven.

Thanks in advance for your help and Ill continue to post pics as I finish steps.

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    696.8 KB · Views: 297
Use cardboard to make a pattern, it seems to be the material of choice for most people. If you are carpeting, make sure to leave about 1/8 inch on each side to accommodate the carpet wrapped around the edge.

Latest posts