raising transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisedwards

Reaction score
I have a 1648 grizzly with a short transom and was wondering if anybody out there has every raise there transom up for a long shaft motor . your help would be greatly app .

rather than raising transom install a jack plate. they are pretty easy to make if you have access to aluminum angle, a drill and cutoff wheel.

one set of aluminum angle is mounted to the transom, a different set mounts to the motor and slides up and down the set that mounts to the transom. search up jack plate get an idea of what they cost or build one yourself!

If you don't have to go up too much, you can just block up your motor. I used two pieces of 1" sq aluminum tubing set side by side, between the top of the transom and the bottom of where the motor sits on the transom. It raised my outboard up just enough to get the anti-cavitation plate even with the bottom of the hull. If your clamps get close to the top of the transom, I would definetly bolt the motor down though.

Latest posts