peddle-boats and curiosity.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCatter

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a thought that rambled across my mind one day in a visit to Bass Pro and I'm curious to see if anyone has done it (and has pics), or is in the process of doing it/plans on doing it. This is solely for the more value and nothing more - but curiosity begs me to ask the question.

"Has anyone fished from, modified, or plans to modify a 4-person peddle boat, and if so, how do you plan to mod it?"

Again, just curious and for the humor value.

I went on vacation last year to Florida and the hotel we stayed at had pedal boats you could use. After 10 minutes I broke out in a sweat and was dead tired. I cant imagine trying to pedal to a fishing spot, adjust the boat while fighting a fish and then leaning over the side to get it. :LOL2:

For sure someone has done this.

I can see 4 guys at 250 each fishing off this thing on huge lakes. :LOL2:

0001986211405_P255045_500X500.jpg

We used to keep a paddle boat similar to the one in the picture that Jim posted, on a small lake that we lived on for the kids to use. My wife and I tried to fish out of it a couple of times. It's very difficult to keep the boat positioned. You have one hand on the tiller and are constantly peddling forward or backwards it seems to keep it positioned. It's also very difficult to cast sitting side by side.

It think it would be pretty sweet to modify the seating in it, and set it up for a single fishing platform with a trolling motor or small 3hp outboard... Probably wouldn't be too tough, just want to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Neat idea, but would be tough for anything more then a 1 person boat at that point.

Almost better off to just use the 'pontoon' portion, and fabricate everything else. Would end up with something similar to those personal pontoon boats with the inflatable toons--just less portable.

i use to fish a 2 seater when the river would rise and get into the fields and trees. Had a lil transom troller (mostly cause I'm lazy) but it worked fine for 1 person, anymore people and no room for beer!

Bigkat650 said:
It think it would be pretty sweet to modify the seating in it, and set it up for a single fishing platform with a trolling motor or small 3hp outboard... Probably wouldn't be too tough, just want to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Neat idea, but would be tough for anything more then a 1 person boat at that point.
Well, you could always buy 2 from CL, strip off the tops, and fabricate a deck/battery compartment, motor mount, etc., and ma ke your own version of a personal pontoon. :lol:

MadCatter said:
Bigkat650 said:
Well, you could always buy 2 from CL, strip off the tops, and fabricate a deck/battery compartment, motor mount, etc., and ma ke your own version of a personal pontoon. :lol:

Would be cool if you could leave it docked on a small lake. I wouldn't want to trailer/launch one, I would just assume have a real boat if I was to do that. I have a 1 man pontoon, one of the ones with the ridged frame and inflatable pontoons--it actually is a great fishing platform. The problem is if there is much of any wind, you get blown around a lot. With that said, its about the best boat in the world to float down a river and fly fish out of.

Latest posts