Recessed Trolling Motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenPin

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a recessed trolling motor pan in a Tracker (specifically a Pro-Team 185)? Wondering how many support beams I will run into. I guess if it's too windy to get out on the water tomorrow, I'll pull off the trolling motor panel in front and have a look-see.

Thanks.

SevenPin

I know it has been done before, but I cant tell you how many. I know for sure one. :D

If you could take some pics and document it (if you do pull it apart) that would be killer.

Jim

Definitely will make a photo journal! If for nothing else, to remind me what's under my deck. :D

SevenPin

I have a PT175, and I have one large (2x4 size) cross member that would be in the way

TNtroller,

I was thinking that I did have that support when I was running a new 'ducer cable a few weeks ago. The boat also has a small storage are right behind the seat post. Now that I think about it, the seat post location may be right smack dab in the middle of where I need to install the recess. I guess I'll take a look around this weekend and see what I have :cry:

Thanks.

SevenPin

I would be willing to bet you have the same support as I do, but since your boat is a foot longer it may be in a different spot. If you remove the sloped panel where the OB up/down toggle switch and TM plug are, the large cross member is right there, on mine anyways. The flooring just comes up with lots of self tapping screws, I've had mine loose but never removed the front flooring completely. Mine has a dry storage compartment that is actually directly under the forward fishing seat with the access hatch towards the console, and then the larger dry storage behind this. Mine is an 04, so it has a ~ 12" wide space that a cooler fits in perfect, tracker use to supply a 48qt cooler with 'em, and I still have mine. If your 185 has this similar cooler space right in front of the console (newer models have the raised floor all the way to the console) you could possibily mount the recess behind the furtherest forward cross member, but it may not be in a good spot. I've seen the trays, but never have seen a good reason to do it. I troll for crappie so I'm sitting down the majority of the time and the foot pedal is not in my way imo. GL

Thanks TNtroller. I've had that panel off before and your right, the cross member is right at the edge. I'll just have to get my tape measure out and see how much deck I have before I hit the small storage area. I don't fish enough or for long periods of time so it's not really a problem for me. I guess it may the "cool" factor since it seems all the glass rigs seem to have them already installed. I don't mind the "Capt Morgan" look but who knows what my back will be like in a few more years :)

SevenPin

Did you ever install the recessed pedal? I did it to my PT190TX:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12999&hilit=trolling

My biggest problem was running the drain hose through the floatation foam. I also later added a drain hole in the rear of it so the tray wouldn't collect water and flood the pedal when the boat is at home, bow up.

Here is a pick of my twx175. I am not sure but I think the beam setup is the same. Good luck

Attachments

• deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,368
Popeye,

I haven't got around to it yet. Probably won't happen until this Fall. Just too much going on at home and MIL having issues (health-wise). The better half has spent just about all her time this year in Indiana. One good thing about that is I'm losing weight (Can't stand my own cooking :shock: :lol: )

SevenPin

Latest posts