My new to me Sea Nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonLester

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new here and have been lurking around for a week. I own several boats of various sizes. My big boat is a 18 foot welcraft open bow. Unfortunatly the outdrive froze on me a few years back. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet though I have most of the parts. I also have a Kayak I love to fish out of. I have taken a few trips to Canada and have had a blast.

However, the Kayak isn't to good for taking anyone along. I have kids so they have been after me to take them. Our closest lake is a 10hp limit lake. So I have been on the lookout for a small boat to take out.

So I found a week or so ago this Sea Nymph 14. I found it local on craigslist and jumped on it. I paid 200. When I saw the add there where no pictures and I must have been the first to email. When I got there to take a look I was pleseantly supprized by its condition. As far as I can see there are only two small dents in the entire boat. Other than being a little weathered from being outside/upside down its really nice. The OB pad has to be replaced but that is no big deal.

I plan to clean it up and do a little painting etc before mounting my motor. I have a Merc 9.8 from another boat (fiberglass) my grandfather gave me that was going to take alot of work. He was going to trash the boat and ended up giving me it the trailer and now the motor. So I have taken the boat off the trailer and put the Sea Nymph on it. I have to do some setup on the trailer to get it right. I actually learned it was wrong here BTW...

My first mod will be a drain plug. I picked on up today and will get it installed soon. No major redo for me as it seems a bit narrow to deck. Maybe something low up front may work later...first to get it on the lake.

Anyway on to the pics...Let me know what you think

Attachments

• new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 515
Nice! Looks like you got a great deal. I hope you and your family have a lot of time to use it.

Thanks guys.

I found out my motor is a 1972 Mercury 110 9.8
It was serviced before it was put away years ago. Dad had thoughts of using it on a fishing boat and never did. I ended up with the boat and trailer after dad gave it to my grandfather (which I think is were he got it. LOL) anyway I ended up with it all.

So once I get some warmer weather I am going to start on the trailer and eventually the boat.

Hey BTW Does it make sense to widen the outboard pad. Right now it is only a small in the center but it seems like it would be stronger if it when out farther. Plus it will give me a spot for my trolling motor.

I am also wondering where the best place to put the hull drain. Its pretty flat on the bottom so it seems of to the side won't hurt. But I figured I would ask before drilling a hole.

Other than whats posted...no no other pics. I can take some. I actually went ahead and drilled it offcenter because there is a support on the bottom in the center so it would have been real hard to tighten screws with it behind that. And keeping it clear is easier there too. I have yet to install the drain as there was some water frozen in it.

I'll take some pics of it soon.

Jason

my drain plug is about 11/2 off the floor,makes it impossilbe to get all the water to drain when you pull the plug i'd like to see how your ribs run on the floor mine is a 16ft s/n posted a couple pics above post

Sorry Larry,

I have been meaning to get those pics. Unfortunatly its dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. So I haven't been able to take any pictures.

I actually bought a drain at Bass pro the other day though. It was about 2.5 inch in diameter (outside of flange) The drilled hole is 1 inch. I drilled it as low as I could bit it is off center of the boat. Fortunatly my boat is rather flat there. I have not yet installed the drain but I did modify it before drilling the hole so I could mounti it as low as I could. I'll post pics of that soon too.

Latest posts