Identification help needed with aluminum boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ko4zb

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and saw this boat and trailer on Craigslist . I wanted a small boat to use on a electric only lake and thought I would buy this one and restore it .The guy i bought it from didn't know what kind it was he was not the original owner.I figure it is a 50's or 60's model and looks like someone took off the aluminum cover or deck on the bow. I have searched the web and didn't find any pictures of boats like it.Maybe some of you guys have a idea of who made it. I paid 280.00 for boat and trailer

Attachments

• DSC_1133.JPG
    DSC_1133.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 898
  • DSC_1131.JPG
    DSC_1131.JPG
  • DSC_1132.JPG
    DSC_1132.JPG
  • DSC_1134.JPG
    DSC_1134.JPG
  • DSC_1135.JPG
    DSC_1135.JPG
  • DSC_1130.JPG
    DSC_1130.JPG
Heres a couple of links that I found looking to find out what my boat was hope they help.
https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Main_Page
https://www.theclassicboathouse.com/forum/imagesaluminum.html

Have you checked it for a serial number?

Steve

Yes i checked a little but don't see any in the usual right hand stern

Take a look on the right side of the boat above the splash rail about where the console is on the outside of the boat. That is where some manufactures put the serial number. Might check on the inside of the same location but in the inside of the boat right below the top edge of the boat.

Steve

I didn't have a chance to look good for the serial number but i am pretty sure the boat is a 1957 lone star malibu. I saw some pictures on line of it.

Does the owner not have any paperwork? If not go to the court house or the agency that is in charge of registering vessels and let them run the registration number. Those numbers are not used over and would still be retrievable even if not current. If it has an old sticker on it would also help. If it comes back stolen you want to know now and not later.

I found the number on the back where it is supposed to be it was covered by old paint

Latest posts