interior paint suggestions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rewinder

Reaction score
I bought this boat last spring

I want to repaint the interior of this mid 70's princecraft. As you can see it's faded out and not flakey in any way. I put new seats on last summer, and raised the transom for a long shaft motor.

I don't want a piece of art, just a good functional paint job that's not to involved.

I use it a lot in salt, and rinse it out well on every use.

When I re-furbed it last spring, I replaced the foam under the seats, and there was only slight pitting on the interior floor under the 2 rear side seats. I scrubbed it with a 3M pad and put in foam and used it all summer. Should I do anything else to that slightly pitted area this season, in conjunction with the interior paint job?

Also the outside blue is faded, and will buff out nicely with a rubbing compound and wax (I'll do that this spring) But the bottom below the spray rail need to be cleaned up to remove waterline stain-- any suggestions there?

thanks in advance for suggestions. Grandsons and I had a blast in that thing last summer

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 252
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 252
Although I use my tin only in fresh water, I painted my interior with Rustoleum oxide primer and regular Rustoleum paint. I figured that the inside won't get as wet as the outside, I hope! I did use marine grade primer and paint on the outside though. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Latest posts