How do I figure out what year my Sea Nymph 14 is?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonLester

Reaction score
I recently bought an old Sean Nymph and now I am wondering what year it is.

It has an etched in number in the back of the hull I think its 476747 if I remember it right...is there a way to check the number and figure out what year the boat is?

Thanks
Jason

im not sure about boats but i know in trees you cut it in half and count the rings
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITH A BOAT!!!

The site I looked at only goes to 1962 and the numbers are lot lower than that. So its newer than 1962. Just guessing it probably a mid 60s.

Steve

If it was built in 1973 or later, there would be a 12 character number on the transom and the last two numbers would be the year built. Yours is probably older than that and the number you are looking at is a number in the sequence of number of those built.

Thanks Guys. I know it doesn't have the 12 digit number. So I was wondering if there was a way to figure it out. Mid 60's is kinda what I figured as well but I really didn't know. I am amazed at the condition of the boat for being that old. It is very a simple interior but its not beat up and dented etc.

Well, that didn't help me. Have you called Lowe? Maybe they have someone there that could help.

Do you have any pics?

Just a couple I posted... I didn't take one of the hull ID and etc.

And no I haven't called Lowe. I hadn't even thought about that. I may try to get to that. I just figured the internet knows everything...LOL :LOL2:

Here is what I have

Attachments

• new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 6,808
This one is listed as a 1970 and looks alot like yours.

3769974_-1_20111015132941_2_0.jpg

Here is the site it came from
https://www.boats.com/listing/forum...h-14/124589431?r=124589431&entityid=124589431

Maybe contact the seller and see if they can give you serial numbers?