1436 Stoaway Ghetto Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Purchased a 1436 from a Fella that claimed it was used as a Bait boat, parked and left to be stolen. Since it's decline it wasn't being stolen any longer so it was sold off. It then sat in the new owners yard for 7+ years. Registration was incredibly difficult but was able to get it in my name. Week later I found a jet ski trailer, added bunks and replaced the lights.

Attachments

• gin2.jpg
    gin2.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • gin1.jpg
    gin1.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 1,130
Paint. Couldn't decide, liked the implement paint everyone is using but too costly for this budget build. Went to walmart and bought $1 rattle cans and an idea of Navy digital back of my mind. Also put some flat black on the brownish red primed trailer. The transom is solid so I will be leaving it alone. Also mounted a remote spot light on the front since I go out mostly at night. Very handy. Added Reg decals and numbers as well. Trailer still needs some touch up. All this work was done in 3.5hrs.

Attachments

• gin10.jpg
    gin10.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin9.jpg
    gin9.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin8.jpg
    gin8.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin7.jpg
    gin7.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin6.jpg
    gin6.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin5.jpg
    gin5.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin4.jpg
    gin4.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin11.jpg
    gin11.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,119
  • gin3.jpg
    gin3.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 1,119
Agreed, it was 75% black when I purchased it and I've yet to gain any further will to re paint. It will have some seats but that still won't keep you from burning your hands of feet. A splash of water will keep your spot cool.

Hope to have bilge, depth finder, and both trolling and out board on the boat this weekend. Maiden fishing trip not far away. Temp today, 75 degrees. 8)

Once I buy an outboard for it I'll probably be in the market to sell it. Maybe not until April/May when boat prices jump though... The OMC 6hp I've got now will never be sold. Been in the Fam for 30years. It's tough to stay in one boat for very long since everyone here usually has at least one in the yard. A better setup for a steal always comes along. This one will always be rough around the edges so unless some big fish are caught I doubt I'll grow attached.

Got sometime to install bilge and work on the batt box. Not happy with the angle the bilge outlet comes out at..

Attachments

• bilge2.jpg
    bilge2.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 955
  • bilge1.jpg
    bilge1.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 955
  • batt2.jpg
    batt2.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 955
  • batt1.jpg
    batt1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 955
Mounted the motors and depth finder. Ran the outboard in a trash can for a while, fired right up and idled which was nice since it hasn't been started since Aug? All that is left is the wiring and some form of seat/s for the boat. Hope to take it out today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 949
  • motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 949
  • depth1.jpg
    depth1.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 949
I love the battery box idea....I have been trying to think of a way to mount switches for lights (eventually) That's perfect for what I want to do.

I've probably even got an old box somewhere already... .

love the buget builds. Maybe because thats how I have to build...lol

Well, the boat in this thred is now mine, I will be adding pics of all my updates to it on my thred

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23604

Kick@ss paint scheme.
I sincerely like your approach. 2 x 4 F/F mount? How friggin cool is that?!
Sometimes this sort of build is just what is wanted.

I love the total gut and reconstruct builds - many turn out awesome. And if you have both place and time, say, a heated shop and an ENTIRE winter with only snow to utside, hey... why not?
But sometimes a omfortable, no-frills knock-about is what the doctor ordered. After all, the fish dont care.

I can see alot of potential for a little money on this one.

Latest posts