carpet or rubber for my boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokediver102

Reaction score
Hey guys Im new here, Ive really enjoyed looking at all the different builds on here so far! This is a pretty awesome website! I just bought a 1648 AWL Grizzley Tracker from Bass Pro, and Im really excited about starting to work on it and get it ready to fish and duck hunt. Im having trouble making up my mind on what kind of flooring to put in the boat. I want to quiet the boat down for fishing so was thinking about carpet or some type of rubber. Not sure what would be the best way to go. I deff want something to quiet the boat for fishing because I will probably be doing more of that than duck hunting. So any ideas would be great! Thanks for any info!

Absolutely...I can imagine the carpet would be heck to get off the bare aluminum when it comes time to change.

KevinWI said:
Think of walking on a hot rubber floor in bare feet on a hot day....then you'll have your answer.

You walk around in your boat barefoot?!?! :shock: I'd end up with a hook in my foot for sure. :roll:

I think im going with the carpet, Is the rumor about treated plywood having an affect on aluminum true?

Not a rumor, fact...do not use pressure treated.

Haha...yeah I can't see walking around in bare feet on a fishing rig. But to each his own.

Don’t be afraid of thinking outside the box. You could lay on this in 90º sunshine and be most comfortable.

subfloor002.jpg

a1003.jpg

Looks great New River rat! I went ahead and started puting my plywood down today and picked up some carpet from Lowes.

New River Rat said:
Don’t be afraid of thinking outside the box. You could lay on this in 90º sunshine and be most comfortable.

subfloor002.jpg

a1003.jpg
What kind of foam is that, and what did you put over top of it?

Looks like foam insulation boards, about $20-$30 at Lowes/Home Depot... maybe a loose lay vinyl on top