Lowe trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don91125

Reaction score
Need a little help here guys. I have an 1852 Lowe jon and ordered trolling motor mount from Lowe that will allow me to put a bow mount trolling motor on the boat. Was wondering how to attach the bracket to the gunnels? Screw, weld, or rivet it on? No directions came w the part. It also came w a smaller aluminum bracket and not too sure where or how it mounts either. If the main bracket mounts to side gunnel and the short angled gunnel then the motor wont be very close to centered when in the water.Is this much of a problem? Any info. or pics would be a huge help. Thanks.

Welcome aboard.

How about taking some pics of your new part, the bow, and posting them up for the visual crowd.

I don't think it's a problem if the motor isn't lined up with the centerline of the boat when deployed.

Brine is A-OK stating that the angle is no issue.

On a number of occasions, I have had to add a big slab of plywood to use as a "mounting platform". Often, the mounting holes on the TM just plain won't line up with anything on the boat.

By mounting the TM to the board (with countersunk bolts) , and then mounting the board to the boat, I had a LOT more flexibility.

Paint the board black or cover it with carpet.....It will look like it belongs there.

regards, R

Brine here are the pics you suggested. Hope this helps. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,962
  • DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,962