Bimini top for 17' Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Two Tracks

Reaction score
I just put a 6' Bimini top (Sunbrella) on my 86 17' Tracker Pro. I was worried about how it would look but it turned out great! I will have to find a good camera and get some pictures of it. It makes the boat seem a lot bigger when sitting in it. I put a 3' slider system on it so I can move it around. There is plenty of room to cast from the front but not from the rear seat when it is deployed. I got the one that is 42" tall with grey fabric. Really pleased with the installation. :D

I look forward to the pics. I have one on my Wellcraft open bow and like it alot. I have seen a few on boats on here and it makes me want one on my little boat.

o6fjmp.jpg

Not the best picture but it's the only thing I can do for now.

Does it fold forward or reward for storage. If reward can you still trim the motor up in the travel position without interference? What brand?

It looks like you can fold the front two bows back, put a boot on, and run like that. I have done this on mine. I like forlding it flat for trailering but have done it both ways. just from the pics it looks like if you lay it flat it will be forward of the motor...

I still like the idea of some shade at times. I may have to figure something out on my fishing boat.

It is a Westland 3 bow, 42" with Sunbrella fabric. It does fold down in front of the motor and came with a boot for the top. They say that you can go up to 40 mph on the water with it, but I don't think I will do that. We have been boating for many years and finally decided to get some "shade to go". We like floating down the Mississippi and at times it is just too hot in the sun. I think this will help. My wife doesn't fish but really likes to come along and knit. It should work quite well for her.

Latest posts