14 foot jon power options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandondrew87

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

I have a 12 foot tracker jon aka Ventricle Standstill. It doesnt quite handle the 9.9 four stroke Merc that I have and Im scared that a rogue wave will sink my vessel. Im looking at buying a 1997 generation jon that is 13' 11" by 4' 5" The boat has a foot controlled troll carpet a small casting deck and swivel seats. Do you think my 9.9 will put it on a plane with two men and be stable enough to not sink and take on water during normal operations?

Brandondrew87 said:
Hello fellas,

I have a 12 foot tracker jon aka Ventricle Standstill. It doesnt quite handle the 9.9 four stroke Merc that I have and Im scared that a rogue wave will sink my vessel. Im looking at buying a 1997 generation jon that is 13' 11" by 4' 5" The boat has a foot controlled troll carpet a small casting deck and swivel seats. Do you think my 9.9 will put it on a plane with two men and be stable enough to not sink and take on water during normal operations?

A 9.9 at WOT with the correct prop should be able to get ya on plane. Stability is going to come from keeping your weight balanced and low in the boat, and if I have learned anything from this forum, its that 'the wider, the more stable it will be'. So if that boat is wider then your 12ft tracker, it will be more stable.

The 9.9 will probably get the job done, but a 15-18hp will certainly get it done

a 6hp 4-stroke long shaft Tohatsu would get me and a buddy on plane in my Tracker 1436. In all, the boat had about 650 pounds of people, motor, wood, and gear aboard.