Any one use a smaller floor than the width of your boat ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopdr230

Reaction score
I have a 1856 weldbilt with out a floor . Im looking at buying some 4 foot wide diamond plate to use for the floor . So there will be a gap from the floor edge to the side wall . Any one do this if so do you loose a bunch of stuff under the floor ?

I can imagine that would be really annoying...can you imagine how frustrating it would be...think about dropping your keys in there. ;)

I think you could still use the diamond plate (gorgeous but heavy)...just figure out a way to fill the gap. I was thinking you could do the sides in a nice stained and sealed plank...shaped it to fit the curve of the boat it could look cool with a neat contrast beside the metal.

sort of have the same situation: 1654 tracker. I know they make aluminum sheet that is 5' x 10' x 1/8". there is a place that I know of, here in PA., that sells these, and reasonable. don't know if diamond plate can be bought that wide though, I didn't check on that.
if I were using the 4' wide pcs. I think I'd just go down the middle, and either rivet or weld pieces onto each side, to fill in the gaps.

Latest posts