Outrageous price on Lowe?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabtree

Reaction score
I went to a Lowe dealer today to look at and price some boats; I was shocked at what I was quoted. I was mostly interested in seeing modified v's in 1448 and 1648. They only had the regular flat bottom, square front models, which I figured would cost less than the mod v's. I can't even remember exactly what he said, but I believe it was $2200 and change for the 1448 and $2400 and change for the 1648. This is bare hull only. The trailers would have been another $700.

I left there and went to an Alumacraft dealer. There, I was quoted $1825 for a MC1648NCS with a factory installed floor. Is it typical to see this much price difference in the two brands? Or was the Lowe dealer just trying to hose me?

seems like the alumacraft is a deal. I paid over $2300 for my boat plus 700+ for my trailer new last January. Total deal out the door with factory floor, t-motor,battery ect. was aroud $3600.

Jeff

Sounds like average prices, that change from dealer to dealer. It also depends on where you are. Freight charges for the dealer differ depending on how far the factory is and how many boats they buy at a time.

I bought my 2010 leftover MV1648 brand new for $2036 in September. I was given $200-$300 off as compared to the current 2012 model. No changes were made to the boat 2010 & 2012 are no different. I paid $795 for the trailer and another $40 for the trailer jack.

Price i got was 1925 pluss shipping of 125 for the Alumacraft 1648 Sierra boat from a dealer neer me.Total cost for boat was 2050 and there is sale tax to be added toit.Trailer was around 750 tho.I endup buying a used Alumacraft 1648 square nose jon ona heavy duty galvanized trailer for much less money alltoogether .I ripped out the center seat bench and will be putting a aluminum fool in there soon as i now have a new revit gun and revits =D>

i went and looked at a 12' princecraft ungava in dec of 2010. 2500 plus tax. for a 2010 14.5 g3 guide all welded lifetime hull warranty 2200 all in.it pays to shop around especially in dec. not a lot of boats being moved.

Jay415 said:
Sounds like average prices, that change from dealer to dealer. It also depends on where you are. Freight charges for the dealer differ depending on how far the factory is and how many boats they buy at a time.

I bought my 2010 leftover MV1648 brand new for $2036 in September. I was given $200-$300 off as compared to the current 2012 model. No changes were made to the boat 2010 & 2012 are no different. I paid $795 for the trailer and another $40 for the trailer jack.

This is exactly why I'm afraid he might have got his numbers crossed. With you $200-$300 discount, and a boat that typically sells for less than the one I'm looking at, and I'm still at about $200 cheaper. I'm really torn on whether to buy new or be patient and wait for something used to come along.

crabtree said:
Jay415 said:

This is exactly why I'm afraid he might have got his numbers crossed. With you $200-$300 discount, and a boat that typically sells for less than the one I'm looking at, and I'm still at about $200 cheaper. I'm really torn on whether to buy new or be patient and wait for something used to come along.
I'm not very patient and very picky so that's why I bought new. I wanted to start with a nice clean shell.
Where are you located? Alumacraft Jons are manufactured in Arkansas, so if your closer to the factory than me (in NY) then that may be the difference in price. I know someone else who paid around $18xx for the same boat but a 2011 model last year. (I think in GA)

I thought alumacrafts were made in minnesota ?

Jay415 said:
crabtree said:
Jay415 said:

I'm not very patient and very picky so that's why I bought new. I wanted to start with a nice clean shell.
Where are you located? Alumacraft Jons are manufactured in Arkansas, so if your closer to the factory than me (in NY) then that may be the difference in price. I know someone else who paid around $18xx for the same boat but a 2011 model last year. (I think in GA)

When I was looking the Lowe dealer I went to was definitely higher than the Alumacraft, but $1825 for the Sierra 1648NCS is a great price!

Latest posts