Alumacraft "Sierra" series.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabtree

Reaction score
I was browsing Alumacraft's website and noticed the Sierra series jon boats. What sets these apart from the regular rivited jons? I just thought it seemed odd that in the "Riveted Jon" section they have very similar counterparts to the Sierra boats. The gauge of aluminum looks to be the same, but the weights were a little different if I remember correctly. Anybody know what's up with these? I was quoted $1825 from a dealer today for the MV1648NCS with factory full floor which is shown in the Sierra line. The person I spoke with wasn't the regular salesman so I hope we wasn't mistaking as I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on it.

There is no difference except for size options. The MV1648NCS, 1436LT, and the 1236 are in the Sierra series all other are just riveted Jons. Don't know why. But I questioned the same when I was looking. I settled on the MV1648. I still have the brochure. I'll scan it and post it. So you can see the specs of all the jons.

Latest posts