fish finder mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysail

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was looking at my boat and noticed that the previous owner had a fish finder installed because of holes on the back of my boat. The problem is, is that since there are already drilled holes, i would like a transducer to fit the same pattern so i dont have to drill any new holes. I was at bass pro and showed the guy a picture of the mounting pattern but he said he doesnt know what he had installed on it. He showed me examples of a lowrance fish finder and a humming bird, and he was right, the lowrance only uses 2 screws to mount, and so did the hummingbird i think..

I did google pictures of how people had them mounted on their boats, and some people had several mounted next to each other. Im confused why.

Here is a picture, does anyone know what will fit in there, and why do you think there are 2 sets?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 506
it looks like the one that i have on my boat maybe the older style. I added a link below to show you mine

https://store.humminbird.com/products/460928?product_id=6f7206e93d22a61df5b4d0605d9340f7

Don't know what might fit that pattern but my guess as to why 2 different ones would be because of the same situation you find yourself currently in. The patterns are different so at some point a different transducer than the original was installed and because the new one didn't fit the pattern of the old one, they made new holes.

Add a board of HPDE (think cutting board material) and attach all new transducers to that.

Measure how big a square it would take to cover those screw holes, and I'll check and see if what I have will work for you. I have several, and you can have one free of charge.

the 2 sets of hole looks to me like the old owner placed it in the wrong location the first try then relocated it to get better performance

LonLB said:
Add a board of HPDE (think cutting board material) and attach all new transducers to that.

Measure how big a square it would take to cover those screw holes, and I'll check and see if what I have will work for you. I have several, and you can have one free of charge.

X2! then you can put all the holes in that, and not the boat.

Anyone have a picture of hpde installed on a boat? And what is 5200? Is the way they are sealed now no good? Can't I just use bolts, washers, and o-rings ?

Latest posts