New prospect

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
What can yall identify about this boat just from the pictures? Guys says it's a 15 foot fisher marine and wants 400 bucks for the evinrude and the boat... Im going to look at it today.

0131121746a9501.jpg

Since water is sitting in it most likely the flotation foam is waterlogged but this also means there my not be a leak in the boat since its holding water. 400 doesn't sound horrible to me with the motor. Check the boat well underneath and wear its either welded or riveted to see any possible leak area. Make sure it would have a title before you buy it cuz without it will be very hard to get one in most states.

Aaron Lariscy said:
What can yall identify about this boat just from the pictures? Guys says it's a 15 foot fisher marine and wants 400 bucks for the evinrude and the boat... Im going to look at it today.

0131121746a9501.jpg
[/quote]

If the motor is in running condition, it's worth about $500 in my neck of the woods. I'm guessing it's a mid 80's motor. The color matches my 30hp. That tag on the side will tell you the model number to confirm.

Nice little project boat...I wouldn't pay over $400 for it though and would probably try for less. It has not been taken are of and you've no reason to believe the motor was treated any better.

The market must be waaay better in yall's regions around here this would be an absoulte steal even in the shape it's in. And small tiller steer motors go for 800 bucks easy in running condition. :shock: We started at 650 bucks and I have worked him down to 400 so I don't think I am getting it for any less...

The boat was absoutle trash the bottom was busted up real bad an JB welded back together. #-o I offered him 200 bucks for the evinrude and he said ok so ill be going back to get it tomorrow now I need to find a good boat to put it on...

I guess prices in GA and AR are about the same because that motor alone in running condition would fetch $600-$700 around here. If the boat hull is in decent shape, that would bring $300+. Heck, a beat up trailer around here usually brings $200.

I'd say it's definitely a Fisher Marine. The placement of the trolling motor mount and hatch on the front deck as well as the pods for the seats look exactly like my Fisher.

DSC00200.jpg

Nice find. Hope the motor runs good for you.

Too bad the hull didn't pan out. That would have been a great package deal.

I'd say definitately a Fisher like JMichaels... you can tell by the seat stands. Around here that boat would sell for over a grand with a trailer... right under a grand without one. That is an AWESOME deal! I paid that for my 1432 with a trolling motor and trailer!

What yall think about this one? I made a 600 dollar offer and he accepted I am going this afternoon to get it..

https://savannah.craigslist.org/boa/2831143914.html

Around here, the motor alone is worth $600.

If you bought the other motor for $200...you could sell it to make some dough to put into the new boat!

It's another motor that doesn't work and a trailer with major rust issues...

Your call but if it were me I would pass. There is always another deal and eventually one of them will be one that is in decent shape with a working motor.

Picked it up tonight and I got a steal. The boat is a Lowe line 1542 and is in great shape for its age, no holes or major issues. The major rust on the trailer turned out to be some surface rust on the springs and ubolts and one ubolt was missing but I suspect it is missing because someone needed it for another project. I got home and dropped the motor in a bucket of water and it crunk on the second pull and started peeing after about 30 seconds which is plenty acceptable. I am taking it out in the morning Ill update with some better pictures tomorrow sometime. Overall I am very happy with my purchase. :D

Oh and it turned out his step father had the current registration in his wallet so it's not an issue getting it transfered to my name, that alone is a big plus...

Took it out today and it did fine short of the water seal at the top of the powerhead being ruined and not letting enough water through to cool the motor. The boat has one small leak nothing to write home about however when I got home today I pulled the motor to do the necessary repairs and went ahead and flipped the boat over to inspect the bottom. I didn't like what I saw, it appears the boat has spend quite a while in salt water and has some corrosion. The PO has 2 layers of some sort of super thick paint on the bottom and I am afraid that is all that is keeping it from leaking. I am unsure of what I should do, remove all the stuff and steelflex it or just leave it alone and be satisfied it's not leaking? The stuff is stuck really really well definately would be a pita to remove, and honestly the hull feels soild not like it's fixing to fall through...

Here you can see the two layers together they are probley almost a full 1/16th thick...
IMAG0165.jpg

With the crisp edges that match the side stripe in size/color, I'd say it's probably just a buildup of paint. Then again, the stripe might have been a way to hide a patch. The bottom doesn't appear to be beat up or dented in that area so that's another reason I say paint.

Theirs not any patches on the bottom of the boat at all, there are a few places where it's pitted due to corrosion but nothing serious. Overall the bottom seems to be very solid not flimsy when poked with a screwdriver. The transom is another issue all together, he used pressure treated lumber and and a steel plate to cover 2'' holes in the transom. I pulled it all apart today and will just end up replacing the transom all together next week at work sometime. I really think I am just going to scruff up the bottom and sides and lay another solid coat on it and address any leaks as they come up.

Latest posts