Look what I found for $1500

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmac

Reaction score
Just happened to see this 30 mins. after he posted it on Craigslist 7:30 am yesterday. Called and told him I'm on the way to the bank for cash as soon as it opens,then I'll be headed that way. Hold it for me I'm 2 1/2 hrs away. Before I got there someone else was trying to buy it out from under me.

So far all I've found wrong with it is a soft spot behind the console. The rest of the decks are solid. Electrical all works too. The evinrude runs,but could use some carb kits. I'm planning on hanging a Honda 50 4 stroke on it,that I have setting aound. I just finished cleaning the scum line off.

photobucket-42702-1328469911513.jpg

photobucket-26000-1328469969483.jpg

photobucket-53323-1328470022575.jpg

That was the deal of the week for sure. I had to fight for my first place in line the other day on a Clist find. The seller was trying hard to cut me out but I managed to keep my spot. Guessing the guy behind me was offering some extra boot.

Nice find.

Yea, I figured that might happen,so I brought an extra $400. Never had to offer any of it. He was a stand up guy,and kept his word. I actually felt bad as I drove away,but that went away after a while. :mrgreen:

Bmac said:
Yea, I figured that might happen,so I brought an extra $400. Never had to offer any of it. He was a stand up guy,and kept his word. I actually felt bad as I drove away,but that went away after a while. :mrgreen:

That might be a first;

Buyers remorse that you didn't spend enough!

:lol:

I'm just not use to getting a good deal on something. I seem to usually pay top dollar for everything I buy. This will help to balance out paying too much for a clapped out toon. I wanted that Honda hanging on the back. Now if I use it on the Tracker and sell the Rude, life will be good.

Looks like you got an excellent deal. I don't know what prices are in your area but that rig would be well north of 2,000 around here if it's anything near what it looks like in the pictures. Whats the details on the rest of the setup like the TM specs, FF model, HP on the rude?

These rigs are going ridiculous around here. They'll bring as much as a big glass boat of the same year,with 3 times the motor. Property taxes are a beotch in this county. That's why I sold my big glass boat. $1800 a year in taxes,and they went up 5 yrs in a row. They tax you on the boat, motor, and trailer. Taxes on this rig will be around $300.

I've seen these go from $3500-$4500 in the last yr. The rude is a 50,the trolling motor is junk,and the graph is a Garmin. I have an HD5 to go on it,so I'll need a trolling motor.

Bmac said:
These rigs are going ridiculous around here. They'll bring as much as a big glass boat of the same year,with 3 times the motor. Property taxes are a beotch in this county. That's why I sold my big glass boat. $1800 a year in taxes,and they went up 5 yrs in a row. They tax you on the boat, motor, and trailer. Taxes on this rig will be around $300.

I've seen these go from $3500-$4500 in the last yr. The rude is a 50,the trolling motor is junk,and the graph is a Garmin. I have an HD5 to go on it,so I'll need a trolling motor.

1800 a year just on the boat setup!?!?!?!? thats more than my house taxes every year. Ohio only has sales tax and registartion which isn't to much. Man its no wonder noone can make ends meet anymore.

BTW one of those for sale here on CL for around 4200.

Very nice boat you scored there! I bet for another $1000 you could outfit that tin to rival the latest tinny Tritons etc. Especially, with a 4 stroke Honda quietly propelling it. If I saw that listing on the Memphis CList, I would think it was some kind of scam to capture email addresses and bombard them with SPAMOLA!

Congrats! Too bad out the taxes though....

Stove Iron said:
If I saw that listing on the Memphis CList, I would think it was some kind of scam to capture email addresses and bombard them with SPAMOLA!

I didn't want to email him,so I sent him a text. Actually was wondering if the price was a type-o. So, I sent him a text asking if he would take a $1500 check,or did he want cash. Answer, cash. OK then.... :mrgreen:

JasonLester said:
BTW one of those for sale here on CL for around 4200.

I remembered a few days earlier seeing another tracker pro17 on CL from a different town listed for $4800. Same as mine,but with a cover,newer trolling motor,and 10 more hp Rude. I looked for it to post the link,but it was taken down. I'm betting it sold. There's was also a nice 18' glass tracker bassboat on the same page for $3500. It's still there.

Latest posts