Slider G5 anyone use them?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol sarge

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing 2 of the slider G5's for my bench seats in my 14" Smoker Craft. Can anyone tell me if they work as advertised? I need something permanent and thought I would ask. Thanks for the input.

Just installed a set of them this last weekend. I like them alot. I have a tiller boat and the seat was mounted on the far right. With my weight, (getting closer to 300 LB by the day), the boat carried a good list to the right. With the sliders I can move the seat around to trim it up level and operate the tiller from either side. I'll be taking the girl freind out this weekend and see how both front and back sliders work. It should be nice not being locked into fishing whatever side the seat was mounted on.
I can scoot the seat around wile still sitting in it. It will move, but it's not like sliding around on ice. You won't to worry about flying around in a hard turn.-Tom.
newseattest009-1.jpg

Tom,

thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that they work well for us big guys (that was another concern) if you don't mind me asking, what kind of seats do you use? I see alot of them with a 200lbs weight limit and I aint been there in years. I was looking at the wise big mans seat.

Tim

Tim,
The seats are standard seats from Gregor boats. I didn't see a weight rating for them. No special reason for getting these other than matching the seats to the boat brand. That and the price wasn't bad. I've seen the big man seats at Cabelas or Basspro, but havn't tried them. They look good. I'm not sure how or why they weight rate boat seats. I've never broken one (yet). -Tom.

Tom,

Nice rig you've got there. We have a 14 ft Smoker Craft and we are slowly but surely getting it ready for spring crappie fishing here in central Wisconsin. Thanks for the info on the seats. i really did not want to spend 100 bucks a pop for a large seat. I was just worried how the regular seats would hold up to a bigger fisherman. Thanks again.

Tim

Your setup is exactly what im looking to do to my model F, what is the measurements of your transom if you by any chance :mrgreen:

TommyBobber said:
Just installed a set of them this last weekend. I like them alot. I have a tiller boat and the seat was mounted on the far right. With my weight, (getting closer to 300 LB by the day), the boat carried a good list to the right. With the sliders I can move the seat around to trim it up level and operate the tiller from either side. I'll be taking the girl freind out this weekend and see how both front and back sliders work. It should be nice not being locked into fishing whatever side the seat was mounted on.
I can scoot the seat around wile still sitting in it. It will move, but it's not like sliding around on ice. You won't to worry about flying around in a hard turn.-Tom.
newseattest009-1.jpg

Latest posts