New Transom for Richline

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph

Reaction score
Being new at this I have a transom question. The 14ft 1968 Richline semi V that I bought needs the transom boards replaced. The ones that are in there are wafer board and from being on here I know that's no good. 1. How far down from top of transom past the center line brace does it need to go? I'm talking about the triangular brace on the center line. 2. Does it need to be solid top to bottom or can the lower part be seperate as long as the top extends as far as possible below the top of the knee brace? I plan on using plywood to replace it. 3. Does it need to go all the way to sides of the boat. boat.
Any advise or references would surly help me out.

I have a 69 Richline. I am in the middle of my rebuild as well and just cut my new transom boards. I went 8" down from the top of the aluminum tansom sheet metal. If you look on yahoo groups there is a Rich Line forum there with lots of pictures. That is where I found out what the orignal transom looked like. I cut my board about an inch wider than the three bolts near the edge. That gave me a gap of about 1.25 inches to the corner. You can look at my build by clicking on my link in my signature. Hope this helps.

Jason

Ralph,

You should post some pictures if you can. It would help to see what you see.

You should make your transom one solid piece if at all possible and as thick as the old one. I used a good quality exterior grade plywood. Not pressure treated. I glued two pieces together to get the proper thickness. I sealed mine with several coats of exterior porch and floor paint. This method of sealing will be debated, but it works for me.

You should check out the threads on transom replacement. Lots of good advice and ideas. Then do what works for you.

Good Luck

Here is the link to the Rich Line yahoo group. There is little to no activity there, but lots of pictures of Rich Line boats that are hard to find. They also have the original manufacturer brochures.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Richline_53/

Latest posts