My Craiglist find

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonLester

Reaction score
Well I've done pretty good on craiglist. I have bought and sold things for a profit. I have got some good deals that I am keeping for now. My new Sea Nymph is one. I posted it before but I've been back and forth about what to do with it. I have a lake close to here that is a 10hp limit. I have yet to fishit much...some witha kayak. But the kids want to go. So I was half looking when I found my Sea Nymph for $200. I expected a boat in worse shape..two very small dents in the whole boat. I had a trailer with a 14 fiberglass boat that was pretty much shot. I took that off and put the new one on and have been thinking of what to do to it since....mostly because of this site.

Well for now I plan to keep it simple. I'm going to clean it up and make it mine. But bench seats with no backrest for very long would wear me out. So I went in search of seats...cheap of course....

So short story long.. I found these on Craglist for a whopping $25. Two seats, swivels and clamps. I know the seats aren't much but they will do for now. And I don't have to drill my benches.

Sorry for the rambling I just got home with them and was happy and talking about it is lost on my wife and kids. :LOL2: :(

This is what I would like to do to the boat paint wise. or something similar...maybe blue instead of the white.
boattrailermod.jpg

and the seats, a little Krylon Fusion and they will be good as new
boatseats1.jpg
boatseats2.jpg

You will find that those seats will need a cushion. At least for me they did. I called a a guy about a 16 ft v boat, trailer, trolling motor and like new battery for 450 bucks! Should have called the morning I seen it because he told me that a guy was coming to look at it. I told him if the guy didnt buy it I wanted it.

Steve

Good find, you NEVER know what you'll find on Craigslist...

Here's my barnfind a while back:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22859

Badbagger said:
Good find, you NEVER know what you'll find on Craigslist...

Here's my barnfind a while back:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22859

I know what you mean. Man you got a pretty boat out of that deal...I saw that once before but never paid attention that it was off craiglist.

I got a set of those seats of Craigslist for $10 but it was just the seats...still was half price front what they are at Walmart. I actually find them fairly comfortable...of course I am a small guy and so is my wife...may find different after sitting on them for 6 hours I guess. ;). Definitely better than the bench though!

Yeah thats waht I thought. The clamps new are 25 each cheapest I have seen them and the swivles and seats are probably 20 each... It works for what I am doing with the boat for now...

Oh and there were two swivels on each seat for some reason. :?

Latest posts