Anchormate Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmed999

Reaction score
I noticed the advertisement said it would hold an anchor up to 12 lbs. What would happen if you used a 15 lb anchor? I don't want to go buy a new lighter anchor...what to do?

If the rope was included with the anchor mate that might be the max load weight for the rope, Im sure some one behind a desk did some math that a 12 pound anchor + the resistance from pulling it up in the water might actually equal the weight of a 20lb anchor when lifting who freakin knows lol i'd put the 15 on an call it good it isnt that much of a difference and if it breaks you're only out 40bucks an lesson learned.

I have 15 lb. mushroom style anchors on mine with no issue. I have had these on a previous boat also. I recommend that you put the anchors back in the boat whenever you are going to put the boat on plane especially in rough water. It puts a lot of strain on the davits and can tear up a winch. :roll: I know from experience.