Spray in foam for boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwd

Reaction score
There is a guy here in town that does spray on foam for houses and building. I wonder if that would suitable for use in my boat? Its closed cell foam because a friend of mine had him spray the roof of his building with it. Anyone else have or had that done to their boat? I am thinking it would be quicker than cutting foam sheets and maybe cheaper too?

Thanks
Steve

you can buy the coast gaurd 2 part foam like factory use online. some posted a link awhile back might find it in a seach

I did find that link. That sounds like a messy job. The reason I was thinking about having the guy in town do it is because I dont like messing with spray foam. I usually end up wearing the stuff lol. I could take the boat to him and he can spray it while I work and go pick it up later. And He would have a better idea on how much it takes to fill the area that I am wanting to fill. I will give him a call and talk to him about it and get a idea on how much it might cost first.

Steve

Interesting. Keep us posted, please.

Be sure to put some conduit in place if you, in the future, want to run some extra wires. Hate to have to dig that stuff out after it is installed.

R

If you ever have to remove it to do a repair it can be a hassle. Doing a repair with foam sheets/pool noodles would be much simpler.

I plan on running wires to the back anyway so it will be put in plastic pipe from the front to the back. I have been thinking about how I could make the foam removable. Thought about putting some plastic in there and spraying the foam on that then cover the top before it dries. Also thought about a way to raise it up off the floor of the boat so water can go under it and the foam doesnt have to sit in the water in case it gets a leak or rain gets in the boat. I plan on spraying the inside of the bottom of the boat with bed liner.

Steve

Latest posts