Solar Charger

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Califishin

Reaction score
Has anyone used these. I was trying to think how to charge my boat but it is in storage and I would have to bring it home to charge the night before. How do you you charge both the motor battery and the trolling motor battery. Do you have to have two Solar units?

Any help would be great.

Califishin,
From what I have read, those solar chargers will only help maintain, they really wont charge. I think someone said you would need a plywood size sheet of solar panel to charge a battery. Not 100 percent usre if its true or not, but before you spend the $$$ on it I thought I would pass on the info. There is a stayncharge system that you connect to your car and supposedly it charges in short amount of time.

califishin, here is a link to stayncharge. the price is great and allows you to charge your battery on the drive home from the lake then you will top it off when you head to the lake on your next trip.

I stored my boat in a place that had no access to a power cord to charge my batteries so I purchased a small honda generator that would charge my batteries up on a .6 gallon of gas that is another option

here is the link
https://www.stayncharge.com/products.htm

Thanks for the info guys. I was hoping to just keep it topped off. I will check into the staynchrge. systems. Do you have to wire the two batteries together so that they both get a charge?

Latest posts