ideas on mounting my trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankbait09

Reaction score
You will see in the photos, the view from the top and bottom as its mounted now. You can see that on the top view, the mounting hardware barely sits on the edge of the boat due to the underside of the boat. There is not a lot of support for the motor to hang on to.

Anyone have any advice on what I can add to this to support it 100%?

Attachments

• tm mount - bottom 1.JPG
    tm mount - bottom 1.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 632
  • tm mount - bottom 2.JPG
    tm mount - bottom 2.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 632
  • tm mount - top.JPG
    tm mount - top.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 632
Yeah I think what they mean is the clamps should be on the inside of the boat and the rounded part forward. Like it is but the motor sitting parallel to the top edge of the boat. And then the motor is in a stored position. It then should be able to be moved to the down position by moving a release.

Thats hard to explain I guess.

Cabela's actually sells a mount for transom mount trolling motors to be mounted on the bow. I was actually thinking about getting one last year.

If it was mine, I'd just screw a block of hardwood on the front rail of the boat and clamp the trolling motor to it.

Guys I think he has the motor in the stored position and is trying to mount it that way. If you look at the pics how many have you seen mounted like this. Think about an outboard and how it attaches. The screw clamps are inside the boat not on the edge. Then there is a way to unlock the thing and rotate it down into the water. I don't think there is a need to attach anything else in this case.

Latest posts