3M Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasser

Reaction score
Should you use 3m 5200 on the outside of the rivets or should some be put in the hole with the rivet before tightening. I was going to plug some holes today but nobody carries any 3M in my town so ordered online. Can I go ahead and put the pop rivets in and then 3m over next weekend?

Sasser said:
Should you use 3m 5200 on the outside of the rivets or should some be put in the hole with the rivet before tightening. I was going to plug some holes today but nobody carries any 3M in my town so ordered online. Can I go ahead and put the pop rivets in and then 3m over next weekend?

I used 5200 successfully with screws. I would recommend putting some in the holes, rivet, then wipe off the excess. Maybe it's not a concern, but I think it will look better too.

My Home Depot has it in the Paint Department... Not sure if all Home Depots carry it though.

I think you would be fine just putting a dab of it on the hole before riveting and whipping off the excess as previously stated

Latest posts