absolutely ridiculous

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmaster11

Reaction score
hello again fellow tin boaters i live in Nashville TN. the other night i seen on the news that a man and his seven year old son had a little weekend project and built them self a rather impressive boat an all wooden drift boat from what i seen in the clip kinda like people use for flyfishing but anyway after getting the boat registered and using it a few time as he files his taxes this year he gets hammered by the state of TN. and the state says he is now considered a boat manufacturer and dealer and must my taxes according to the standers that apply to both of them absolutely ridiculous if you ask me makes me lose a little more faith in my government when i see things like this

Attachments

• river-drift-boat.jpg
    river-drift-boat.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,354
heck, may not be that bad. just think of all the losses he may be able to write off. a good accountant may be able to turn the tables on the state. lets see: R&D, plus all cost involved to build a "PROTOTYPE" and than never sell any from your office, ( a room in your home).
just kidding, but I'm sure there's a way to turn this around. I'd have been at a state reps. office the next day.

thats a nice drift boat. up here,that would run a few grand. beautiful for rivers.oviously an over-zealous irs auditor.an appeal would set things staight :roll:

Well thats just stupid. I live just south of nashville. I hope he can get that fixed...

I would be making a call to the states attorney general. Unreal, but I think there must be more to this story that we don't know about.

Hello i put an engine in my car an replaced a fender, i would like to apply for a vehicle manufacturing permit please. " What do you mean i cant have one ? i just replaced all those things an now you're telling me i cant make cars... "

The shitty part is they just simply do what they want when they want to screw us out of every dime we got, just another great example of how the government sucks the life out of it's people. They take such a simple thing as a father an son project an turn it into some huge ordeal, i understand that there are two sides to a story an usually you only hear one, but this being about the government i dont doubt it one bit that it's true..

after spending the last year in afghan. i have lost almost all hope in are gov. some much shady stuff going on over there KEY WORD OPIUM and being that 90% of the worlds supply comes from afghan. and that what all the higher groups of the military are involved in (SF,CIA)would only make since you control the opium you control billions of dollars

There's a little story about a frog and a pot of water.

Evidently, if you put a live frog in boiling water, he jumps out, and lives. But if you put the frog in lukewarm water, and slowly heat it up, the frog will stay in the water until he croaks (pun intended).

Guy's the water we are in is HOT. It has been a long slow process, but the end result is that we are just a few degrees from boiling, and most people were clueless, as the heat was slowly increased.

bassboy1 said:
There's a little story about a frog and a pot of water.

Evidently, if you put a live frog in boiling water, he jumps out, and lives. But if you put the frog in lukewarm water, and slowly heat it up, the frog will stay in the water until he croaks (pun intended).

Guy's the water we are in is HOT. It has been a long slow process, but the end result is that we are just a few degrees from boiling, and most people were clueless, as the heat was slowly increased.

x2... December 21, 2012 here we come! [-o<

We're definitely headed for some kind of meltdown, The government has moved away from the gold standard, they are intentionally de-valuing our currency by continuing to print money to pay off debt, making existing currency worth less. Other nations are beginning to move away from basing their currency rates on the USD. Pretty soon, you'll need a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread, and eventually, 100 dollar bills will be as worthless as toilet paper.

The government has trampled freedom and liberty, they have destroyed industry and jobs through regulation.

Do you think it's fair that the average person works until may 15th every year to pay their income taxes? Or how about the parent with enough foresight to work all their lives and try to leave something for their kids, and the government steps in and says "I'll take half of that" (55% inheritance tax) HALF?! WTF? Like we're married to the government or something.

I don't recall ever being married to the government, and if I am, I want a divorce right now and today, on the grounds that I'm an abused spouse. All I (and the rest of the American working people) do is give give give. And all these pocket-lining pirates of the Potomac can do is take, take take, with no gratitude, the only thanks we get is being further kicked in the face while we're down.

Patriotism is gone in this country. These modern-day doofuses have no clue about the sacrifices made by the founding fathers of this nation. Men like Francis Marion's troops, who were so poor, they couldn't afford shoes, they wrapped rags around their feet and marched into the swamps in the heat of summer and in the dead of winter. If the founding fathers could see the apathy and ignorance of today, they wouldn't have bothered fighting for these bunch of ingrates, that's for sure. They'd have rolled over in bed, farted, and went back to sleep.

Back in those days, we went to war over a 1% tax increase. Nowadays, people could care less. As long as they have their Sunday football on the idiot box, their fridge full of beer, and their big macs, it's all good. You could tax them at 90% and they'd bend over and take it, and they'd vote to re-elect the POS's that taxed them at 90%.

So, unfortunately, the people do not have a breaking point, or a line in the sand. Folks with my viewpoints are labelled as 'right wing extremists' because we do not believe in compromise or surrender. But there ain't enough of that mentality to go around to make a difference. So, unless and until there is, this country will continue to spiral in its nosedive until we finally hit the bottom.

Sorry for the rant. I could go on all day like this, but all it does is work my blood pressure up.

Okay guys....this thread is getting dangerously close to being political. I'm not taking sides, but I don't disagree with anyone yet. :roll:

Let's get back to the OP topic and try, (I know it's difficult with the subject matter) to not get political. If it get's any closer, I'll have to remove the topic only to keep this forum in check with what it's about.

Thanks guys.....

HEY PSG-1: well said, my great,great, etc. etc., etc., grandfather was on GW staff at valley forge. wonder what he'd have to say about what's going on. :x but they figured it out =D>

so much for my HISTORY discussion, don't want to get political! :roll:
like other posts said, there may be more to the story, that's not being told. (back on topic) !!!

There are certainly a couple states where folks have it easier with taxes. New Hampshire for one...

And Nevada...one of the things we liked about moving here. There is no inheritance tax, no state income tax, and property taxes haven't changed in almost 20 years. Plus sales tax is only 8% - it was 13% back home.

If you don't like your current system move or do something about it.

fishmaster11 said:
hello again fellow tin boaters i live in Nashville TN. the other night i seen on the news that a man and his seven year old son had a little weekend project and built them self a rather impressive boat an all wooden drift boat from what i seen in the clip kinda like people use for flyfishing but anyway after getting the boat registered and using it a few time as he files his taxes this year he gets hammered by the state of TN. and the state says he is now considered a boat manufacturer and dealer and must my taxes according to the standers that apply to both of them absolutely ridiculous if you ask me makes me lose a little more faith in my government when i see things like this

I dunno, something isn't adding up here. For one this man and his seven little year old son didn't build this on a weekend,or 6 weekends for that matter. Look at that beautiful piece of work. That isn't your average do-it-your-selfer project. This boy has skills that he didn't learn overnight. Could be skills that he's making money with on the side,which might have something to do with the state's involvement. Just saying....

Regardless, nice work! =D> 8) And don't be giving my county any ideas. I'm building a pontoon. :shock:

fishmaster11 said:
THIS is what it takes to shake your faith in the current government?? Brother, you may need to get out more.
I do agree it is ridiculous to call a single-boat builder a manufacturer. I also agree that taxes, as we apply them today, are ridiculous. Taken together youre right - ridiculous.

That is absolutely insane! I know they will tax you for some crazy things for sure!

My cousin in N.C. was actually taxed for being a dog owner!!
This happened when she filed State Taxes, and she lives on the Indian Reservation too!
1ST... She was taxed for owning a pair of AKC registered German Shepard, and selling the litter of pups they produced..... She is considered a "breeder"! (it was a one time thing, She had them both fixed after. Her goal was ONE pup from the pair and she sold the rest)
THEN 2ND, The State zapped her with a healthy fine for not applying for a license BEFORE letting her dogs breed! All in all she was taxed and fined over $3000.00
(this was only done because of small talk with her accountant when she noticed his German Shepard while getting her taxes prepared... HER monies made from the litter was only that she sold 4 puppies for $400.00 each!)

* I personally would be finding a new accountant! lol *

Latest posts