14 ft big Jon or 16ft Jon seat removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNOOKED OUT

Reaction score
I have acquired another project and am trying to decide what to do with my other Jon. I know in either one I want to remove all seats and was wondering if this effects the boats walls when you put it on the water. Or do you have to add support. Let me know thanks.

Lots of info on the site about that...most folks will agree it does adversely affect the structural integrity, but you can minimize that if you find another way to make it rigid by tying the sides into the floor. I have read some guys have good results with making rod/storage boxes on the sides.

Jdholmes said:
Lots of info on the site about that...most folks will agree it does adversely affect the structural integrity, but you can minimize that if you find another way to make it rigid by tying the sides into the floor. I have read some guys have good results with making rod/storage boxes on the sides.

+1

Not sure I understand the title and question. I think what your asking is which would be better to do this with a 14 or 16. Just a suggestion if you have both is to keep the bigger one. Hard to go wrong with a bigger boat.

Build some rod storage or some kind of support in a couple of places and you should be good...

pics of your boats and make model helps us figure it out too.

We as me and a friend have both boats. I own the 14 big jon made by Lowe my buddy has the 16. I like the concept of a open fishinf no seats etc. for the style of fishing we do.