Rich Line challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayanh8

Reaction score
I have a 1955 (or 1958??) Rich Line with the original registration from the date of purchase. The model on the badge that is mounted on the port dash indicates Model 115. I can't find anything in my research regarding Rich Line ever producing a Model 115.

The boat is quite unique looking. Its tail lights are raised into fins like you would see on an old Cadillac. I'm going to be uploading pictures shortly.

I'm challenging anyone to tell me something factual about this boat. I know absolutely nothing about it and despite my best efforts I'm no more educated on it than I was a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Welcome to the boards! :)

Does this help?

https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Richlinebb001.jpg

I see a model 15 at the bottom of the page... probably what you are looking for. No pictures, but tells you boat size and dimensions.

Like that one? Yahoo group called Richline_53. I believe George is a member here. Thats where I found more out about my boat than anywhere. https://www.theclassicboathouse.com/ has bunch of boats and pics.

Steve

Attachments

• n_a.jpg
    n_a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,086
From what I have read that was the thing in the late 50s. Big fin cars and boats.

Steve

acwd said:
Like that one? Yahoo group called Richline_53. I believe George is a member here. Thats where I found more out about my boat than anywhere. https://www.theclassicboathouse.com/ has bunch of boats and pics.

Steve

That's it! Awesome! Thanks, Steve!

Big 16 Super Custom

Just joined the Yahoo group. Looks like a great resource. Thanks again Steve!

Your welcome! Whats your plans for the boat? Fix her up original? Put on a era correct motor and have some family fun? I wish I would have started the search of my boat earlier. I seen one like I got that was unmolested on Craigslist for 200 bucks! Of course it was gone by the time I figured out what it was! I would have bought it and restored it to original with a era correct motor and just took her out and cruised it around. Just for some fun. Lets see those pictures!!!

Steve

acwd said:
Your welcome! Whats your plans for the boat? Fix her up original? Put on a era correct motor and have some family fun? I wish I would have started the search of my boat earlier. I seen one like I got that was unmolested on Craigslist for 200 bucks! Of course it was gone by the time I figured out what it was! I would have bought it and restored it to original with a era correct motor and just took her out and cruised it around. Just for some fun. Lets see those pictures!!!

Steve

Not sure what the plan is right now. The boat itself is all original. It's never been touched. Unfortunately, in our area, there aren't too many places to take a 16' around for an enjoyable spin. On top of that, if it doesn't have a sail, I'm usually not all that interested. However the boat does have some sentimental value which has kept it in our garage for as long as it's been there.

Pics soon.

acwd said:

Steve

Johnson/Evinrude made a real nice 50hp in the late 50's that would look killer on that thing!! The more common 35hp would work well too, just perhaps a tad under powered.

Bigkat650 said:
Johnson/Evinrude made a real nice 50hp in the late 50's that would look killer on that thing!! The more common 35hp would work well too, just perhaps a tad under powered.

It has the 35hp Sea Horse on it. Looking at the model list you provided it came with up to a 100hp. Now THAT would have been some fun.

Yeah a 50 or 60 hp johnson or evinrude strapped on the back with a power trim and a good prop I bet she would be a blast! My boat is(or use to be) a Big 16 Daycrusier. All I got left is the hull someone stripped it out down to the hull to use as a fishing boat. Going by the dimensions I think it was a late 50s to early 60s. Kind of sad because I think it use to be a neat looking boat. I think I read it somewhere back then the boats came without a motor so you could pick the motor that you wanted. Not sure on how true that is. I was at a auction last month and they had a I believe it was a late 50s early 60s Evinrude 60 hp. Sold for next to nothing like 50 buck! It was huge! Would have taken 3 men and 2 boys to load that thing! I almost bid on it but then I would have had to bought another boat to put it on! Bigkat I like that old Johnson you have there in your pic there. Is it suppose to be red and white? I got a late 50s Merc mark 25 that I am going to run on my boat on the unrestricted hp lakes. Runs great for a 7 dollar auction buy!

Steve

acwd said:
Yeah a 50 or 60 hp johnson or evinrude strapped on the back with a power trim and a good prop I bet she would be a blast! My boat is(or use to be) a Big 16 Daycrusier. All I got left is the hull someone stripped it out down to the hull to use as a fishing boat. Going by the dimensions I think it was a late 50s to early 60s. Kind of sad because I think it use to be a neat looking boat. I think I read it somewhere back then the boats came without a motor so you could pick the motor that you wanted. Not sure on how true that is. I was at a auction last month and they had a I believe it was a late 50s early 60s Evinrude 60 hp. Sold for next to nothing like 50 buck! It was huge! Would have taken 3 men and 2 boys to load that thing! I almost bid on it but then I would have had to bought another boat to put it on! Bigkat I like that old Johnson you have there in your pic there. Is it suppose to be red and white? I got a late 50s Merc mark 25 that I am going to run on my boat on the unrestricted hp lakes. Runs great for a 7 dollar auction buy!

Steve

The Johnson in my sig is the 1958 Johnson 35 Seahorse. It has the stock paint job on it. The 58's had the reversed color from the previous model--I just lucked out since that paint scheme is the one I preferred. (It looks pixelated as I had to change file format in order to make it a small enough size for tinboats to allow me to use it as my avatar) Only thing I wish it had was an electric start... if I can find the parts locally, I would love to convert it!

This is the V50 which I was talking about in my previous post... Would be sweet on your boat. I believe they are much harder to find then the 35's, as they produced far less of them... at least I have never seen one.
seite_02.jpg

The 1955 Brochure for Rich Line shows that they Models 155, 1512, 1412, 15,151, 152. I wonder if a number got transposed.

George Louis

Latest posts