Inexpensive new 14' hulls

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOY BOAT

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a new 14ft v-hull. Tracker has a 14ft jon boat for $699., but there V14 is $1700. I am not sure I would want a jon boat, but I am not going to drop another grand just for the "v".
Who sells the least expensive one?

TOY BOAT said:
I am thinking about buying a new 14ft v-hull. Tracker has a 14ft jon boat for $699., but there V14 is $1700. I am not sure I would want a jon boat, but I am not going to drop another grand just for the "v".
Who sells the least expensive one?

Craigslist :lol:

Honestly though, you can find a decent hull for $500 or less on craigslist. If you want to go new, $1800 is about the bottom of the barrel for new v-hulls. May be able to find a 'new used stock' boat for less (aka a model thats a couple years old but still new at the dealer)... I got a nice 14ft with a trailer for $225 on craigslist... cant beat it.

ditto craigslist. Saw plenty of V hulls while checking craigslist multiple times a day for a cheap jon boat. Finally landed myself an old 1432 flat bottom but some of those V's did look nice, and would definitely fit in your budget.

catman529 said:
ditto craigslist. Saw plenty of V hulls while checking craigslist multiple times a day for a cheap jon boat. Finally landed myself an old 1432 flat bottom but some of those V's did look nice, and would definitely fit in your budget.
I have already started looking, but I was asking about new only after seeing such low prices for the jon boats, it seemed as though I could buy a new boat for about what a used boat cost. But I guess that the v hulls are still more expensive, so I will keep looking on CL for a used hull.

Thanks for the replies

I got my boat for 200 with no trailer.. 14 ft Sea Nymph... I wasn't really looking I just lucked out.

I have looked at new since then...I like the looks of some of those boats. I can't afford them at the moment but one of these days I may have to find a way to buy one. But then again I am generally cheap....LOL I have to keep reminding myself why I bought this boat. And that is to make it a 10 hp lake boat. I have a bigger bowrider and Kayaks...I don't really need another boat :LOL2: ....but It would be nice to have one of those 2072 lowe jon boats....those look sweet.

Other than that I keep looking for projects that I can do to somewhat fund other stuff....deals on boats etc I can fix up and sell.

Latest posts