Carpet Install

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davmart65

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great ideas here on this board. Because of the ideas I've seen here, I decided to tackle a front deck extension for by 87 Tracker TX-17. Everything has gone great so far.

One question, I am making storage areas under this extension. How much smaller do you cut the doors for the openings to cover with carpet? Both the deck and the doors will be covered.

Thanks for the info!

David

Welcome Aboard! Depending on the carpet thickness, and if you have full-length piano hinges, I'd allow probably and 1/8" gap on the sides so as not to prevent binding when opening/closing hatch lids. Can you post some pics for us to gander at. Lots more members will chime in here and offer suggestions (probably better than mine) as to the carpet install. :)

i just finished making mine today, i am waiting on the carpet from cabelas to come in, ill take some pics and post tomorrow, i went to cabelas yesterday and grabbed a storage door, i like it alot, its so sturdy and is VERY well built. Like i said, i will post some pics of my progress tomorrow...

Latest posts