Jackplate on a Tracker Pro17 / performance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmac

Reaction score
Is it worth it? I have a manual 6" CMC. Any of you using one on a 17'/50 hp setup? This is a new rig to me,and was curious if the transom would set too low. I always like to get the most speed out of my boats,but they still need to fish decent. Keeping the rig light is no. 1,but motor height and prop selection is next.

I'm hoping to find time to hang my Honda BF50 on the tracker today. On my larger boats in the past I've always used jackplates to improve performance. Figured the 4 stroke would be too heavy to hang back off of the transom 6". After research I find the Honda only weighs 21 lbs more thane the Evinrude 50 2 stroke.

I just picked up a little heavier trolling motor,and I do have the option of moving the trolling motor battery front to back to shift the falcrum point. But, these thing don't have a lot of freeboard to begin with. What setups are you guys using?

Well, I'll give you one this spring. Opinion that is, :D

Went ahead and threw them both on today. Have some wiring to figure out,then it's time for carb kits,plugs,oils change,and my best guess for a stainless prop.

My phone's camera didn't like looking into the sun,but here it is. Need to pickup something to clean the white crud off the lower unit.

photobucket-1529-1329627726120.jpg

Latest posts