Rear home made dolly wheel ideas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drider

Reaction score
Hey all, I just bought a used 12' Gregor boat without the trailer. I bought it without a trailer specifically so storage would not be an issue for me and when I go camping i'll be able to go anywhere. On the other hand transporting it and moving it by myself can be tough, and so I want to ask you all have any of you made your own rear dolly wheels for your aluminum boat? My gregor boat has the rear two handles so what do you guys think? Head to home depot and start fabricating? Pictures and any insight will help alot I don't know where to start!

I haven't built anything yet but I can drag around my 1432 flat bottom easily... I bought a 300lb cheap hand truck that was on clearance at lowes for about 8 bucks. It's lightweight and I just slide it under the stern of the boat with a rope tied to the top end of the dolly. Run the rope under the boat and tie the other end to the front carry handle. Grab the rope and pull it taught, and I can drag my boat from the car to the creek easily.

I can't take credit for it, as it came with the boat. Works great wheeling it from my truck into the garage. Made from some sort of plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_5766.JPG
    IMG_5766.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_5767.JPG
    IMG_5767.JPG
  • IMG_5768.JPG
    IMG_5768.JPG

Latest posts