Buying new Tracker Grizzly 1448 soon-any last minute advice?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeatles67

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 90% sure I will be buying a new Tracker Grizzly 1448 from my local dealer (40 miles away) very soon. I've visited three dealerships selling G3, War Eagle, Bass Tracker, etc--I like the Grizzly 1448 for my needs. I decided to get "welded" for my first boat based on the many positive forum threads I've read the last three weeks. I'll be primarily fishing in a private 55 acre farm pond this year and have decided on a Minn Kota 55lb 12v "Edge" bow mtg trolling motor w/foot control (Minn Kota offering $55 rebate right now thru May 1) and an Interstate deep cycle battery. Any decision on a gas powered engine will come later as I would like to take it to Santee Cooper for some Sheel Cracker action--about 60 mins away). I like the option of being able to use pedestal mounted seats to fish from and this boat certainly offers that. Dealer has suggested a trailer $950 (EZ Loader Galv)--basically for now I will not buy any other options though a "Livewell" would be nice.

My main concern is that the boat is heavy for a jon.--apprx 500 pounds with battery and gear. The pond does have a place for me to launch but I'm not sure how deep the launch area is--gotta find that out soon before I buy. Looks like the other guys are using riveted and smaller/lighter. Ill mostly be bream fishing and relaxing---not a serious bass fisherman by any means.(that may change as this pond has some 10-12 pounders in it with little fishing pressure).

Any suggestions, thoughts, further advice all welcomed--let me hear from you. Thanks.Mike

25 or 30 horse onit will do fine job.Nice thing about a prop moter over a jet you can prop you boat out to match the weight.Your boat will be good with the 55 edge onit to.I has a 50 pound i runs on a 1448 and it does good and you have 5 more pound

You will need a trailer for sure. Not hauling far + shallow ramps...I would go with 8" tires. I think you'll be pleased with the 55lb TM. I have a 25 4 stroke Yammy on my 1448, with gear and two men she'll run 26.

Latest posts