Rod holders for jon boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluegill

Reaction score
You fellers that uses jon boats what/where do you get the rod holders.I havent found nothing to mount down the sides.Or for that matter to mount nowhere.Wears me out in just a hour or so having to hold my rod & reel.

Heres the boat I have.Has round rails.

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=2862

Hi Bluegill,
Thanks for joining!

Here is a link to Cabelas that will give you tons of choices!

https://www.cabelas.com/ssubcat-1/cat21300.shtml

The clamp on ones you can move around to different parts of the boat!

I like the Roberts brand, there is another brand that is pretty much the same thing, they are interchangeable as well.

They have clamp on, recessed and surface mount holders. I used to have some recessed into the decking on my boat, completely out of the way when Bass fishing, and right there where I needed them for Crappie fishing or Striper fishing

Here' what I mounted on the port aft brace on my Lowe. It's a Scotty's Power-Lock rod holder.
Rod_Holder_Mounted3.JPG

The deck mount is a Scotty's #444 Threaded Flush-Deck Mount:
95_08_09_07_2_10_28.jpg

95_08_09_07_2_09_58.jpg

(in the pic it looks like a power cable going to it, but that's the power cable from the front tm going to the battery in the rear of the boat)

Another view w/o Power-Lock in the mount:
95_19_09_07_9_20_32.JPG

I use Driftmaster or Drftmaster lookalikes that I made, have 7. Also have a oval shaped one I made that works pretty good. Driftmaster sells alluminum angle bracket that screws to the round top rail of the gunnels, then screw their holders into the top. I made some out of 1/4" alum angle. The first 2 holder brackets I had were made out of old camper shell c-clamps, I was able to move them around to get the right fit.

Attachments

• boat mods2em.jpg
    boat mods2em.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 6,264
sccamper said:
I use Driftmaster or Drftmaster lookalikes that I made, have 7. Also have a oval shaped one I made that works pretty good. Driftmaster sells alluminum angle bracket that screws to the round top rail of the gunnels, then screw their holders into the top. I made some out of 1/4" alum angle. The first 2 holder brackets I had were made out of old camper shell c-clamps, I was able to move them around to get the right fit.

Them looks good.Where did you getem? Website?

Latest posts