farmtek decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
i found this decking a person used on a build on youtube. He put it in the floor of the boat, but i was wondering how yall think it would work as deck instead of plywood. Another question is do yall think 1/4 inch would be thick enough to support a good bit of weight

https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=58779

T-MAN said:
i found this decking a person used on a build on youtube. He put it in the floor of the boat, but i was wondering how yall think it would work as deck instead of plywood. Another question is do yall think 1/4 inch would be thick enough to support a good bit of weight

https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=58779
I like the concept, over wood. Some here may give you reason to pause, though. Stick around....

thanks.. around here i get my boat muddy especially after it rains as i do a good bit of river fishing and at the lake also so it would be easy just to rinse off after each muddy use.. i also wonder if it would be too slick when wet!

T-MAN said:
thanks.. around here i get my boat muddy especially after it rains as i do a good bit of river fishing and at the lake also so it would be easy just to rinse off after each muddy use.. i also wonder if it would be too slick when wet!
That was my thought - slick. Cut into 3/4-1" strips, though, it would make good tread work.

Stuff looks like another brand of Starboard or Seaboard. If so, it is impossible to glue. It is very slick. It makes great hatches and bulkhead panels, but walking on it wet or dry is not a great idea.

thanks for the help.. it looks like it might not be a good idea to use as a deck lol

Most of the HDPE polyethylene I have seen is advertised as "self-lubricating". so it probably would be slick, especially when wet.

Latest posts