recess tray problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

614-bass

Reaction score
Ive had back problems from a football injury and have been wanting to install a tm pedal recess tray for a while in my boat. i looked below the deck and there is a support that goes horizontal right across the only area that i can put the tray. Can you guys think of any way i could get around this so my deck wouldnt cave in on me.

Send bassboy01 a pm on here in case he doesn't see the post. He's our resident pedal tray fabricator and can probably help.

I've got the same issue with my tracker. I considered doing the following: If the black horizontal line is the support, and the red line is the tray, angled black lines are the hull. Obviously none of this is to scale.

I thought about putting two vertical supports (into the page) ,bright green, and somehow attaching them to the hull (likely a couple pop rivets).

That "should" eliminate any deck sag you'd experience from cutting the cross member.

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 285
If you'd be on the angled part of the hull, assuming there are no ribs to attach your new support to, you could rivet a piece to the hull, and then attach your new supports:

Attachments

• boat2.JPG
    boat2.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 285

Latest posts