Anyone have a Minn Kota Edge bow mount?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarba11

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Minn Kota Edge bow mount trolling motor to power my 1442. I was between the Edge and the Powerdrive V2 but didn't like what I heard about the electric steer. Anyone have any comments/opinions before I purchase?

Thanks!

I have a MinnKota Edge bow mount on my 1448, 45 lb thrust and 36" shaft. Works great, no issues. 2012 will be it's third season.

Only reason I canceled my edge order was because I like to fish from the rear of the boat and PD comes with an 18' electric cord for the foot pedal which allows me to utilize it from the back of the boat. The only delay in steering from the electric vs cable is the time for the motor to turn a new direction. It's not that there is a delay from the pedal to the motor. It's just more gradual.From everything I've read, folks that had difficulty with PD was because they were USED to using cable steer, which is immediate
I didn't want to be tied down to the bow, so I chose the PD.

I have had both within the past 2 years...well kind of. I have the edge bow mount and replaced it with the terrova. Would not think twice about having the electric steer. It is THE BOMB!!! I-pilot, auto pilot and spot lock are amazing. The only thing to warn about are there is no cord for pulling the motor and running in shallow water. And that same missing cord makes it just a bit harder to reploy into the boat!

Jeff

Thanks for the replies. I have a factory trolling motor mount from Alumacraft but it mounts to the right side of the bow, I have noticed that almost all I have seen are mounted on the left side. Is there any reason for this? I don't have a console if you're wondering.

Typically when driving the boat and you are right handed, you are operating the tiller with your left and sitting slightly right of center...and most steering consoles are mounted on the right....TM is mounted left to stay out of your field of view while driving.

Latest posts