Low casting deck on a 32" bottom?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catman529

Reaction score
It's just a thought now, but could become a future project sometime. My boat is 14 x 32 (I still have yet to post pics of it since I fixed it up and repainted). Fishing out of it the other day, I stood on the front seat to make a few casts. Not too bad really, long as I don't lose my balance it's not too tippy. I only weigh about 130 pounds. I have thought of making a low casting deck for the front of the boat that would just sit in the floor and maybe raise a few inches above the floor, so I don't have to stand on ribs and a curved floor and have more room to stand than just the front bench. Has anyone tried this before... I might just end up leaving my boat as is, but it's a thought. Next projects in line are lights, then possibly installing a drain hole and building a livewell.

Here's mine in progress:

1d7e1cfd-1.jpg

6acdaa44-1.jpg

(thread if you want to see more: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20383 )

But that's a 54" bottom at the water line on a 12' hull.

Here's a few pics I've collected of lower front decks while I was in the planning stages:

4184743816_d0aae8db6b_o-1.jpg

boatmod056_041007222147.jpg

P0003802_051407162831.jpg

That should get you thinking. You just need to formulate a plan that will work for you....

Latest posts