Need advise

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrewis

Reaction score
I just purchased this fiberglass 12' I have no clue of the manufacture, does anyone have any ideas on what I should do to restore the finish or what type paint will work to repaint the bottom. the boat is in great shape for its age with few chips and scratches. I would also like to do some mods to it. I feel its a little to narrow for a deck but I am considering a raised floor any suggestions would be welcomed.boat.jpg

First of all.....Welcome to TinBoats. We'll still let you be part of the family if your boat is fiberglass. :LOL2:

Seriously....we're happy to have you on board.

As to working with glass....I have no experience. I'm betting though that you could sand it down, prime it and repaint without any more difficulty than a tin boat. The process might be different though...I don't know.

I'm sure that someone here can offer better advise though.

This also might help.

[*[youtube]xA0UngabDtE[/youtube]

Funny when its all sped up like that.....One very important thing that I noticed is that he correctly sprayed from the bottom up....like with furniture always do this to give you a half-tak area for each pass. This greatly reduces runs. just my two cents though. Working with fiberglass is easy, just lots of prep and then more prep followed by prep......

Latest posts