Tracker Grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabjack

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for opinions on Tracker Grizzly welded boats. I've been shopping for a used side console jon boat in the 17 foot range and have found a 2010 Tracker Grizzly 1754sc for sale locally that I might be interested in. It's got a 60 Mercury 4 stroke, electronics and a trolling motor.
Anybody have any experience with these boats? He's asking 10k which seems reasonable but I know very little about this brand. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

They seem to be pretty good boat's I haven't heard of many people complaining about them and like any aluminum boat it should be easily repairable and modifiable. If it looks good and is within your price range I say go for it but shop around and make sure your getting a good price for what it is first.

have a 1654 FB tracker grizzly. haven't got to use it too much, but seems to be OK.
I think the front of the hull could be braced better, but the one thing I really like is the TRAC system. by making brackets, you can attach almost anything to the trac, without drilling any holes in the boat.

I'd shop around some. Check out the G3 line.. search CL and if you shop hard, you will find a great deal. I did. Google search all craigslist and go from there. Great time of year to buy if your able to.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22859

Thanks for the input folks.
I've been combing through Craigslist and the other usual places but still haven't found "the one" yet. When this Tracker Grizzly popped up it looked good but I really didn't know much about them. The new ones seem to be priced lower than comparable G3, Lowe, etc so I wasn't sure if that was any indication of the quality. I've looked at G3, Triton, Lowe, and like what I see but the top of my wishlist would be a War eagle 754 LDSV side console with a 70hp Yamaha 4 stroke. Now if I can just find one for 10 grand......

Just adding my 2 cents...I have a 2010 1648 and I really like it. I got it used for 1500 with taxes and registration. I found a used trailer for 120.00 that I put another 140.00 into. Now I am ready to start the mods and get a motor. I have been using a trolling motor so far (that is all I can use at a lot of places close to me). I have a 50lb thrust 12v motor and my boat moves pretty good with just that pushing it which I think is partly due to the way the boat is made.It's my first boat and I really look for to getting it out whenever I can.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Latest posts