boat decison and price question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diabetik11

Reaction score
i am looking at getting a one of these boats
first: G3 model 1442
second: alumacraft model 1442NCS
third: alumacraft model 1442
fourth: alumacraft model 1442LW

what one would you choose and does any one know what they would cost if i would get one new. has anyone had any trouble with a livewell(the kind that are in the middle bench seat) leaking any help will be great, i will be fishing on a river mainly but a lake occasionally
are 1436 unstable to stand up and fish from if there is a deck in the front?
thanks

I figure the G3 would be the higher priced of the ones you have listed. The build quality MAY be worth the difference in price, but I can't recall hardly anyone having problems from Alumacraft either. Whichever one has the layout most suitable to your needs is the one you will be most happy with.

As for the livewell, I had one in my old Duracraft (gravity feed, where your pull the plug on the bottom of the boat and let the lw fill up), and I never had any leaks. Like anything else though, problems may come up, but that is a durable and time-tested design.

For stability and standing up in a 1436? I don't think I would be comfortable doing it. Remember, the higher you get up in the boat, the higher the CG will get and it will become more and more tippy. But, as long as you have on a life jacket, it's really your call and comfort level.

HTH
Skidz

Latest posts