Attach pedestal seat base to 1/8" diamond plate floor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samzerelli

Reaction score
I have a 1649 jon boat that has 1/8" diamond plate floors. I'd like to attach a couple pedestal seat bases to this floor. Would it be advisable to drill holes in the diamond plate and bolt the bases right to the floor? I'm worried about there being too much torque on the seats and it might tear through the diamond plate.

If your talking about drilling and tapping a hole for the bolt in the 1/8" floor, I can't imagine it holding up for very long. If you can pull the floor up and put some SS fender washers and nuts under it, I think that would be fine. If pulling the floor is too much trouble, maybe you could look into expandable nuts, (sorta like a T nut), or something like the spring loaded nuts you use for sheetrock. I have seen some at Lowes that would work, and don't require a large hole feed the nut through.

Skidz said:
If your talking about drilling and tapping a hole for the bolt in the 1/8" floor, I can't imagine it holding up for very long. If you can pull the floor up and put some SS fender washers and nuts under it, I think that would be fine. If pulling the floor is too much trouble, maybe you could look into expandable nuts, (sorta like a T nut), or something like the spring loaded nuts you use for sheetrock. I have seen some at Lowes that would work, and don't require a large hole feed the nut through.

Thanks Skidz. I'll be pulling up the floor, so I'll use some big fat washers to stabilize it. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts